I get asked all the time by the people around me; “Lynn, how do you manage your social life, blogging and Nursing school all at the same damn time?”
Well, peep the whole post to get some of the tips I use to balance all that….
I love turning up! I just love having fun whenever I can; but also, I love getting my school work done because ain’t nobody got time to fail classes and retaking them. If you are in college, you definitely know how tough those courses are. You always have to stay on your “A” game! Ain’t no shortcuts.
Here are 5 tips that I use to balance all of my school work, blogging and still got time to have a life…
1. PLAN! PLAN! PLAN!
I don’t think I can stress this enough! Let your planner be your best friend! Without a planner, my day never feels productive. Don’t you like it when you complete a task and check it off your to-do list as completed? Exactly!
I literally plan everything….
- Time I’ll wake up
- Time I’ll take to get ready
- Time I’ll take to commute to wherever I’m going
- My To-do lists
- Main assignments and readings to complete
- Time to chill and binge watch Grey’s Anatomy (my current obsession) lol
Yep! You get the point. Plan all the upcoming events you gotta attend. This will just visualize everything in one one place and ensures that you get everything done in a timely manner.
2. PRIORITIZE WHAT’S IMPORTANT
Now this is a big one. You gotta pick and choose what you got to get done first and what doesn’t need to be rushed. Prioritize all your assignment deadlines to get them done on time and not last minute. If you know you got a party to go to on the weekend, make sure you’ve completed all your assigned readings and assignments for that week first so you can reward yourself with that turn up because you deserve it girl! In other words, only get lit after getting all your priorities out the way!
3. SACRIFICE WHEN YA HAVE TO
Listen, if you choose to procrastinate (happens to all of us once in a while) and set your priority work aside just so you won’t miss that one party that everybody is raving about, be ready to sacrifice that sleep honey. Lol! I can be that one person that comes from the club at 4 am and won’t sleep until I get my work done before I miss the due date submission. Girl! I don’t play. You gotta do what you gotta do even if it means to google your way through it.<Insert skull face emoji>
4. DON’T FOLLOW THE CROWD, BE THE ALPHA
Now lemme tell you something….groups can either make you or break you. It all depends with the type of crowd you associate yourself with. Some friends you make may just be all about the turn ups while they slack in school. Other friends you make are all about the books with no life at all. Then there are those that do whatever they can to scoop A’s in school and still be out having fun. I would say, associate yourself with those that motivate you to be at your best first before anything else. Otherwise, stay in your lane. Be the alpha. Let people around you act based on your doings and not vice versa. Trust me, that is the safest way to play this game without losing.
5. KNOW WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU
You just have to try and see what you like best, what you can handle and how best you can manage your time. I keep my daily routines very simple because I value my sleep. I am that one person that will be so cranky if I don’t get my beauty sleep.
Let me give you a run down of how my week looks like on a daily;
- Monday through Wednesday – Strictly being a scholar. Got classes all throughout the 3 days + clinicals
- Wednesday after 5pm – This is my last day of school for the week and all I be thinking about is just my bed. Relax, catch up with all my shows and edit my drafted blogs to be posted Thursday.
- Thursday and Friday – I got to go to work. Since I work in an office, it is easier for me to read at least 2 chapters both days. When I get home from work, I do all the assignments based on the chapters I covered.
- Saturday- Study in the morning so that even if I got to go out later that night I don’t feel guilty lol
- Sunday- I keep this day Holy. Go to church, do some minimal readings and prep for the following week.
I hope you got some ideas on how you can balance your school work and party life and still get them A’s
Also, check out some more helpful posts HERE
Mesh top and bralette both from fashionnova
Skirt and Satin bomber from Forever21
Boots from Boohoo