Is that all your hair?
How do you make it look so real?
Where did you get it from?
How much was it?
Wanna know all the answers to these most asked questions I receive everyday?
Hit that ‘continue reading’ button to unleash my little secrets :)…..
Like I mentioned in my previous post on how to be a “baddie” here, wigs and weaves are just a blessing from all those who donate hair! The versatility you can get from wigs is just so amazing. If you can never find yourself lasting with one hairstyle for a long time like me, then ‘artificial’ hair is perfect for you. LOL!
When it comes to splurging for hair, not everybody wants to spend $500 on weave bundles. That doesn’t mean you can never slay!
Here’s how to slay with my $20 wig from the beauty supply store…
Name: Outre synthetic hair; Dominican curly half wig
Types: Currently on the picture I have on the half-wig version. Other available versions are; front lace and bundles.
Color: The color I have on is 1B but they have a nice color selection to choose from.
Clips: There is a really nice front clip and a back clip plus an adjusting band to keep it extra secured! (Trust me girl this wig ain’t flying nowhere)
Possible styles: What I love about this wig is how you can style it a bunch of ways. Here are some to try:
- A side flip (As seen on the first picture)
- A halfup halfdown style. (As seen on the second picture)
- 2 pig tails (Instead of that one bun on half-up half-down, try two)
- The pineapple bun style (You tie your hair in a front bushy bun)
- A middle part (instead of having your hair on one side, do a middle part).
Pros: This wig has a phenomenal full layered shape.
Its texture makes it looks so real if blended well.
Has a lot of versatility.
Lasts longer if well taken care of.
Lastly, it doesn’t shed at all.
Con: The one and only con is that you have to frequently buy another wig once it wears out. (That’s the pain of buying beauty supply store hair if you just don’t want to invest in those $500 bundles 🙂 It’s a use and trash situation here. LOL!
Avg Price: $26 in stores. Online, the price is listed as $16 on average but shipping might cost up to $10.
Where to get it: Your nearest Beauty supply store or
How to rock it:
- When you first unpack it, run your fingers through it for a nice voluminous look of looser curls, unless you love the tight kinky curls that it comes with. This also makes the wig seem natural when worn.
- Before putting it on, be sure to leave out some hair all around your edges for blending so it looks real. (You don’t wanna be that one person who wears a wig with no type of edges showing) 🙂
- Have a wig cap on.
- Hold the wig upside down, having the inner part facing you to adjust the band.(Your thumbs should be holding both sides of the back clip so you can put it on as a cap and insert the clip into the back of your hair first)
- Insert the front clip last, leaving part of your hair in the front and sides.
- Use some edge control to lay those edges.
- If needed, curl your left out hair to match the wig texture.
- Blend everything out.
you just achieved my signature look!!
Have fun with it and try different styles.
Tips & tricks
One trick if you wanna get into this beauty supply store hair business is, try to go for curly hair. Why? BSS hair tend to frizz up so fast which is easily noticeable on straight hair. Once straight hair frizzes up, it’s going to look like those crusty wigs and nobody slays in a crusty wig.
Another option is to get very short-cut wigs. They are very easy to take care and they have minimal frizzes.
Lastly, if you order hair online, always read reviews or watch youtube reviews so you know whether it’s worth your money or not.
And that’s it for this post.
Did you get inspired to try out wigs? Are you gonna try out one?
If you buy one, take a selfie and definitely tag me @stylemeshaz on instagram so I can see how you style and slay in it.
Also, Lemme know if you would love another post on how to take care of synthetic wigs, what products I use, how I lay my edges and the edge control I prefer to use for all hair types! (Leave a comment below).
If you enjoyed the post, feel free to punch that like button and share so I know whether I should more.
As always, if you have any questions, drop a comment below and I’ll be more than happy to answer them!
Stay Classy and slay per usual!