I know, I know, we’ve been disconnected for a while but I promise you, my excuse is worth listening to….
Recently, a lot has happened on my side, some changes to adjust to and even finals to study for which can be pretty hectic. If you follow me on snapchat, (@missy_lynnnn) you would know that I’ve also been house hunting for a while which adds up to my time being heavily occupied. Even though it’s been quite rough, the journey should still continue with a major comeback. I have not been slacking with creating some exciting content though. BE READY! We are taking over this summer and trust me, you don’t wanna be left behind.
Anyway, as you can probably tell from the title, I am going to answer some of the Frequently Asked Questions that I receive nearly everyday. I figured this would be a good comeback post to reunite us again you know…after years of being disconnected (technically 3 weeks) but feels like years to me LOL.
So sit back…matter of fact grab some coffee and let’s have our mini virtual date and catch up on life…
“How did you start out as a blogger?”
- I have to admit, it hasn’t been an easy decision but you know if you have passion for something it will haunt you until the day you take action. As far as my love for blogging, it’s not just that I woke up one day and decided to create a website and BOOM! No. I had to strategize everything for about a year or so, where I wrote everything down in my journal from A-Z. It took a lot of planning and about two weeks to customize the website itself. 🙂
“You seem like a very confident person. How do I earn my self confidence?”
- Aww really? I may come off as a confident person but deep down I have my little insecurities. I would honestly say love yourself for who you are because you can only be the best version of yourself. Remember, confidence is like a muscle; you have to exercise it everyday to make it stronger.
“Is it hard handling school and blogging?”
- Let me just say this…it requires precise time management. Without that, it is going to be so hard to manage both school and blogging, especially if your field of study requires a lot of studying. It has been quite challenging for me for the past 2 weeks because I had to finish this semester strong. Other than that, it is quite manageable so far.
“What inspires you to keep doing what you love?”
- AAAAHH passion! My passion for fashion is something so serious and I find that to be so motivating. Social media is also a good place to get some inspo which I do sometimes. Make me want to work and grind even harder.
“How do you stay positive when life takes a toll on you?”
- Very easy. Block the haters and keep your head high. Always remember that everything happens for a reason. Whenever you feel down, just know that God is holding you back for a major comeback. Jus like an arrow, you draw it back to prepare for its release.
“Where do you get your hair from?”
- This has to be the most asked question. You already know I am team wigs all through and the two places I like to browse around for some new affordable hair on the go are samsbeauty.com and Wigtypes.com (Ships in 2 days) so that is a plus!
“Your bold lip colors aways give me life! What are your go to bold lipsticks?
- Thank you! My one and only signature is called ‘Angelo’ from lenalashes.com
“What lashes do you think are good and affordable?”
- No matter what, always go for wispy lashes! They look so natural and full which gives a great look. I must say for affordable lashes, I usually go for the Ardell wispies or demi wispies which can be found in your local beauty supply store or online at eyelashunlimited.com or even amazon
“What’s a good nude lip for women of color?”
- ‘Stone’ by MAC is PERFECT! Try it. The fact that it’s a muted taupe brown makes it so beautiful on darker skin tones.
“Which store do you mostly shop at?”
- To be honest it all depends with what I am looking for. For trendy classy clothes I usually shop at missguided. For more casual looks, fashionnova is my go to. For shoes, Lolashoetique, Gojane and UrbanOg are my faves.
“What advice to give to a beginner who is trying to start out on makeup?”
- Sis! Practice makes perfect! Start off light then advance slowly by slowly you know…more of a graduation type of thing. Master one thing first before attempting a full face beat. I have a ton of helpful posts which you can find HERE. 🙂
“What is your biggest life goal?”
- Whoooo. Goals goals goals. My biggest one is to make an impact in the fashion industry. Not only do I want to be an inspiration to many, but also have my own fashion line when the right time comes. For now let’s keep it low-key. Lol.
“What is your number one tip in life?”
- Hmmm my number one tip is to never compromise your standards for anybody! Remember, your standards are not burdens! Be true to who you are and the right one will honor that.
Phew! That was a lot to share on this mini date where I was the only one basically doing all the talking… I wanna hear from you now. Contact me or comment down below so we can talk some more.
Stay Classy & Slay per Usual.