If you are all about chasing style on a budget, this one is for you 🙂
Continue reading to see how I put together this $40 outfit!
A couple of weeks ago I decided to visit my local thriftstore just to browse around and stock up on some winter pieces and I figured, why not style a couple of pieces.
It is really true that:
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
I know thrifting can be a tedious task but I’ve made it easier for you hun! Here are some of my tips to thrift like a pro:
- Go in there with full force patience on deck – Nothing comes easily my friend. You have to dig to find that gem.
- Know when to catch those sales– What’s better than a sale on top of a discounted price. Most thrift stores do have a 50% off discount on Sundays. Imagine if you see a jacket for $7 and you only pay $3.50…
- Examine each and every item on a rack – Now see why you need a whole lotta patience? Just don’t pass a thing because that might be your gem right there.
- Do not judge a book by its cover – You know when you eyeball something to see whether it fits without trying it on then return it back to the rack because it looks too big or too small… Just try it on! Trust me, it changes the whole perspective
- Don’t put back the maybe’s – When I tell you the thrift store is really survival for the fittest (Damn my inner biology has no chill) It really is!! If you see something that you like but your inner you is like Eeeehh… Just grab it and walk around with it until you are so sure that you don’t want it during checkout. The minute you put it down it might be gone the next minute
The fact that I almost broke this closed door just to pose is a story for another day…LOL
You can totally pair this look with some sneakers for comfort…
Photography by: Kevin Lukusa
Here comes the part you’ve been waiting for, “Shazeen, How did you put together this outfit for only $40?”
Thrifted Blouse – $2.00
Thrifted Trench coat – $8
H&M pants – $10
Aldo shoes (Found on sale for half off) –
Justfab Gold sneakers (An alternate for heels) – $19
And BAM! It’s all a matter of knowing your style and making it work!
Did I inspire you to try out thrifting? Lemme know in the comments below…
Stay Classy & slay per usual