With fashion, comes shopping…with the right strategy, comes saving money!
Spring is here…meaning we have to put away all the heavy coats and start stocking up for spring/summer clothes. To avoid overspending while shopping for the season, here are 7 strategies to help you out sis….
- Plan with a budget – This is where you have to identify your needs and wants. Don’t just buy it because it’s cute!
- Look out for sweet deals – Once you have your budget, hold on to it until stores have major markdowns which is mostly around the holidays.
- Shop counter seasonal – Buy most of your summer clothes in early fall and most of your winter clothes in early spring. Why? In the fall, stores have major sales to get rid of their summer pieces while major sales in the spring to get rid of their winter items!
- Take advantage of being a student – Most online stores have ‘UNIdays’ which caters for students by giving out major discounts all year round!
- Get insider discounts – This requires signing up for newsletters for all your favorite online stores. Most Emails have insider discount codes . If you hate the annoying emails (I hate them with a passion) use saving apps like RetailMenot which lists all the possible discounts for any store!
- Always dive in the sale section – Whenever you are online shopping, never ignore the sale tab. You might find whatever you are looking for in that section as compared to paying full price.
- Thrift and thrift harder! – Can be a pain in the ass but hey…why pay $60 for the same item you can get for $5 at the thrift store?
Those are a few tactics I use to catch all the sweet deals and cut out on impulse buying. I hope I shed some light on wise shopping.
Happy spending 🙂
Stay Classy and Slay per usual.