Want that sleek makeup look? Here are 20 Makeup Do’s and Don’ts you need to follow religiously for best results….
1. [ DO ] Dedicate to an intensive skin care routine; The better your skin looks without makeup, the better it’s going to look when you apply your makeup.
2. [ DO ] Moisturize your skin to prevent the appearance of dry flaky skin which is not cute at all.
3. [ DO ] Use a primer; This preps your skin to create a smooth canvas for your makeup to last longer.
4. [ DO ] Color correct to cancel out any skin discoloration so your foundation can look seamless.
5. [ DON’T ] Use anything black to fill in brows! You don’t want those Nike looking signs on your face, do you? Also, use lighter strokes to avoid that harsh look.
6. [ DON’T ] Over-highlight the brows. As much as we love that HD brow, please don’t use a concealer that’s more than 2 shades lighter than your foundation to clean up brows. Also, blend out the concealer as much as possible.
7. [ DON’T ] Use one eyeshadow color; Especially a bright-colored one! Have a transition color, crease color and the main lid color for a perfect blend. For a long-lasting eye-look, use an eyeshadow primer!
8. [ DO ] Apply the right foundation shade. It’s not cute looking like you got two skin different tones. Not cute sis.
9. [ DON’T ] Use an under eye concealer that’s too light; If you do, be prepared for that camera flashback and we all know how unblended that looks!
10. [ DON’T ] Over apply your contour! You wanna look snatched…not bruised. For contour, use one that complements your undertone. If you are warm toned, go for a warm toned contour and so forth.
11. [ DO ] Use a blush that’s opposite from your undertone. If you are warm toned, use a cool toned blush to balance it out.
12. [ DON’T ] Go too light on that glow– It’s just going to look so unnatural and won’t blend in with the rest of your makeup.
13. [ DON’T ] Over-bake! I mean…If you think it’s cool looking like a powdered donut then go ahead. I dare you to take a picture with the flash on though.
14. [ DON’T ] Apply those drag queen lashes– NO! Especially when you don’t have full face makeup. Instead, go for wispy lashes which look so natural and gives you just the right amount of lash volume.
15. [ DO ] Use a flesh toned liner when doing a nude lip color. We don’t want your lips looking washed out.
NB: These are just some useful pointers that have helped me achieve good results. (I am in no way a makeup guru) LOL. Remember, Makeup is all about CONSTANT PRACTICE!
Some articles you may find useful:-
BUDGET FRIENDLY MAKEUP STARTER KIT – HERE
BEGINNERS GUIDE FOR MAKEUP BRUSHES – HERE
3 SIMPLE TRICKS FOR FINDING YOUR PERFECT FOUNDATION SHADE/UNDERTONE – HERE
Stay Classy & Slay per usual